Schaller Tremolo – the classic with zinc cast baseplate
Our long-term experience with the production of Double locking tremolos has gone into the development of this identical tremolo. Exchangeable knife edges made of hardened steel and cast steel saddles, combined with a solid tremolo block provide perfect sound transmission and an extremely long sustain.
The tremolo radius is 12", the radius of the nut element is 10" for the R2- or R3-Nut. This is related to the taper of the fingerboard and has, in all previous experience, resulted in optimal playing properties. 12" and 10" measurements are the most frequently used sizes in the guitar industry.
Tremolo mounting is done with special mounting studs and threaded metric inserts. These are provided with a fine thread. Optionally, we also offer height-adjustable wood screws for direct mounting into the wooden body. In this case, the insert is not required.
You can simply pull out the knife edges with a pliers and push the new ones into the insertion slot.
- Saddles and locking nut from hardened steel
- Distance height adjustment screws 74.3 mm according to international standards (sometimes only 74mm, it is identical)
- Size press-in bushing 10 mm
- String spacing (E-e): 54 mm
- Slideway intonation: 8.5 mm
- Tremolo baseplate: zinc cast
- Weight: 439 g with block length 37 mm
- Maximum string gauge: .080
- Tremolo saddle radius: 12"; if you put the shim (43 x 12,8 x 0.3 mm) under the saddles away you get 16".
- Tremolo block (brass): with 3 fixing screws at a distance of 17 mm
Scope of supply
- 1 x Locking nut complete with 2 pairs of mounting screws
- 1 x String retainer with mounting screws 2.2 x 16 mm
- 1 x Tremolo claw complete with mounting screws 4.2 x 45 mm and 3 tremolo springs
- 2 x Mounting studs M7x0.5 with 2 threaded bushings diameter 10 mm
- 3 x Allen keys (2.0/2.5/3.0mm)
- 1 x Tremoloblock according to selected length
PDF file downloads (technical drawings without engagement)
- Schaller Tremolo system for electric guitar 1302
- Schaller Tremolo locking nut R2 1312
- Schaller Tremolo locking nut R3 1312
- Schaller Tremolo block 2015